In all honestly watching the preliminary predictions for the Republican Party nomination is pretty scary for my fellow neighbours down south of the border.
After watching the CNN GOP debate to see what all the fuss was about, the hilarity behind Trump and his terrible combover vying to be president is over. This is not a joke anymore. What has the world come to with someone vowing to build a 10ft wall between along the U.S.- Mexico border to prevent illegal aliens and drugs from crossing over.
How can people vote for someone who often makes a claim and then when called out on it blatantly denies having said it. If you’re going to make a claim, you better damn have something to back it up with.
Claims Trump has made:
DONALD TRUMP has said:
- With Obamacare, “You have no options .. you can’t get competitive bidding.” – FALSE, current research shows that while cherry picking patients is occurring most people ARE able to shop around to find affordable insurance.
- “Don’t believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number’s probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.”- UHHH, hello??? What method did he use to come up with these numbers? Yet for construction on one of the Trump Towers he hired 200 Polish workers to help with the construction, when he could have hired “his own people”.
- “We’re spending tremendous amounts of money to educate our kids. In the world, we’re No. 1 per pupil by a factor of four.”- Yet most studies has shown the USA sits around 4th place or lower. On another note, the gap of people able to afford to attend post-secondary education continues to increase, with little support for those in very low-income communities to access top educational resources or even attend most top-rated institutions.
- “Right now we’re the highest taxed country in the world.”
- Donald Trump “thinks that climate change is a hoax, invented by the Chinese.”
- “We get practically nothing compared to the cost of” keeping U.S. military forces in South Korea.- Yet the $866 Million given to them is obviously nothing…..
- Claims Canadian-born Ted Cruz “has had a double passport.” – Yet, there’s no such thing and simple research would indicate that he rescinded his Canadian Citizenship years ago.
- “We’re practically not allowed to use coal any more. What do we do with our coal? We ship it to China and they spew it in the air.”- Yet coal is still one of the largest sources of energy for the US.
- Says crime statistics show blacks kill 81 percent of white homicide victims. – Yet this is based of of what research? I’d like to see whatever study or report he used to get this statistic.
- Says his plan would cut taxes without increasing the deficit.- The spending cuts he propose would have the be huuuugggeeeeeeeee.
- Says Bernie Sanders is going to “tax you people at 90 percent.”- Yet Sanders plan proposes to target the richest Americans, those who SHOULD be giving back to help strengthen their country rather than your fellow average American.
- “We’re the most highly taxed nation in the world.” – Yet, again research has shown the American sit somewhere in the middle of the pact rather than in the top.
It’s hard to believe the millions of Americans are falling for his stupid, senseless, ignorant, and baseless claims. I completely get when times are tough people can easily fall for false claims in hope that it will better their situation. But come on, this man is flaky at best and has no real stance.
I’m not American and I try my best to follow and understand American politics when I have the chance, but this is ridiculous. It really says a lot about the people who go out and vote for him. I really hope many of the Americans going out today will stop and think how their decision will truly benefit not only their country, but the rest of the world who rely on the American dollar.
Why is it that the rest of the world can clearly see this man does not deserve to be the leader of such a powerful country? He has no experience and no concrete plan to see your country through rough times. Watching the debate it was quite evident that he had nothing to support himself with, often repeating himself 3-4 times or making statements like “I won the top award in Israel” when asked how he would deal with the Israel-Palestine crisis and who’s side he would take.
This is not funny anymore.
My fellow neighbours down south, PLEASE FIX THIS.
Please feel free to share my post or even add your own thoughts!